Welcome! I will be using this blog to reflect on the ideas and projects that I will be doing through the class, EDIT 7500: Technology Enhanced Classroom Environments. This class is part of the Instructional Design and Development program at UGA.
In this class we will be designing an Individual Project that will consist of a student-centered lesson plan that will use technology. As a media specialist, I will need to work with a classroom teacher so that I can have a group of students to work with. Because I do not have my own classroom this adds an added challenge. I collaborate with teachers at my school everyday, but usually I am only teaching a small portion of the class period. This year, we are looking into ways to start the collaboration process earlier so that we can get in on the beginning stages of the project/unit/lesson design. This project will be a great way to start this effort.
There are several subjects and teachers that I might possibly be able to work with. One possibility is our environmental studies teacher. I am going to be talking with her tomorrow about working together on a sustainability unit. I am also thinking about a unit with a world geography teacher. Before I really start getting a firm idea in my mind, I would like to talk to these teachers and see what units they would like help enhancing or redesigning.
I will keep you updated as I have more firm ideas about what lessons or unit I might focus in on. I am excited that this might be a great opportunity to really work with a teacher from the very start of a project.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ashley you definitely have a tough job ahead of you since you don't have a classroom to implement this project. But I think that you are approaching this in a great way by trying to get teachers to suggest units that need enhancement rather than just trying to implement technology into any lesson. I think Dr. Moore also said that she might be able to work something out with those of us who aren't in the classroom. I wonder if she might have a suggestion. Good luck as you try to figure out which direction to go.
Post a Comment